Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patricks Day

St. Patricks Day

It is Saint Patricks Day today so I thought I'd write a blog about St patrick. I did some research on the patron saint of Ireland and discovered that St Patrick was not the first missionary to go to Ireland and he is not the only patron saint of Ireland.

He did not drive out all the snakes out of Ireland. Scientists discovered there never were snakes in Ireland. They say truth is stranger than fiction but in this case the folklure of St Patrick is much funner than the historical facts.

There is no denying that St Patrick made a huge contribution to Irish history and Christianity. St Patricks Day commerates the death of St Patrick. A great way to enjoy both the heritage and culture of Ireland and even Saint Patrick is through sterling silver Irish jewelry.



There are two types of the Cross of St Patrick. One is two diagonal line crossing like a "X". But at the burial site of St Patrick the Irish High cross is his grave marker so except for flags, everyone in the realm of jewelry goes with the Irish high cross necklace.

Let's look at some Irish jewelry that goes a long with both Irish culture and St Patrick which is a big part of Irish culture.



The Irish cross necklace shown in this blog is considered a cross of St Patrick or Saint Patricks cross.



The Prayer of St. Patrick:
I arise today Through Gods strength to pilot me;

Gods might to uphold me, Gods wisdom to guide me, Gods eye to look before me, Gods ear to hear me, Gods word to speak for me, Gods hand to guard me.

Gods way to lie before me, Gods shield to protect me, Gods hosts to save me
Afar and near, Alone or in a multitude.



I arise today, Through the mighty strength Of the Lord of creation.

No comments: