Sunday, May 5, 2013

Christian Necklaces: A Pleasant Reminder...

Christian Necklaces: A Pleasant Reminder...

 
 
Yesterday I was hit hard by two things, a local incident and a national incident: First a funeral was held for a young Christian man, 21 years old. Cause of death...suicide. On a national level I watched SNL, Saturday Night Live. It was listed in prime time, 9:00 p.m. I watched a portion of the first skit about some girls talking about doing whatever it took to be popular which included gross immorality at either a heterosexual way or a homosexual way, both an abomination before God.
 
Our young people are under attack. What do we do? Where do we start?  What do we do? Go back to our Christian roots and teach our young people to do the same. We need to be an example of the life we want them to live. We start with ourselves and then we turn to our young people.
 
 
 
Young people can spot hypocrisy a mile away. I you tell them what to do and out actions are something completely different then they will reject the message.  Countless studies and surveys show that in Western culture people are falling away from their Christian upbringing in record numbers.
 
We need to remember our Savior and never forget His teachings and apply them to our daily living. How do we do that in a hustle and bustle world we live in.  We need to start with priorities. We need to have daily reminders through scripture reading and prayer. We need to ask ourselves always, "What Would Jesus Do?". We can wear modest, fashionable and inspirational Christian necklaces and Christian jewelry to act as a constant visual reminder of our faith.
 
 
 
Besides Christian necklaces and religious necklaces there are other fun daily reminders we can employ to help keep us on the straight and narrow path that leads to salvation.  Christian hymns.  Many times my favorite part o going to church is to join with fellow Christians and sing hymns.  I like to commit them to memory and sing them to myself or if I am alone like in the car or where ever, I can sing a hymn which touches me and inspires me and gives me strength.
 
Here's such a hymn I might turn to: 
 
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.
 
Not the labors of my hands
Can fill all thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and thou alone.
 
While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown
And behold thee on thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in thee.
 
By Augustus M. Toplady, Thomas Hastings
 
From that hymn you can draw strength, hope and courage.
 
With affordable sterling silver Christian pendants you can customize your own Christian necklace to give you that fashionable reminder of a favorite Bible story or some other Christian memory.
 
 
 
Religious necklaces can be very comforting and soothing in a spiritual way as well as make a great addition to your wardrobe. Sterling silver religious necklaces and Christian pendants can be worn any time any where.
 
 
 
Praying, reading scripture, wearing Christian necklaces, doing what Jesus would do are all great but it is not the complete package.  One must be filled with the spirit and hold on to it through thick or thin with a determination to serve God until the end.  The gospel has to be in you and be a part of you to bring eternal happiness to you and glory to God.

No comments: