Monday, October 27, 2008

HEALTH Positive Affirmations

Health Affirmations: Affirmation Jewelry Charms

There are infinate influences that affect our health for good or bad. Many we have control over and many we don't. In most health issues we have control over our mind and thoughts.

Most medical practinioners will recomend a good attitude when facing a medical problem. Positive affirmations are a great way to try to stay positive. Notice I said "try and stay positive". Chronic illnesses and life threatening health issues are very difficult but that's when you need a positive mental attitude more than ever.

Just as symptoms can ebb and flow so can your attitude. Positive affirmations can be a good way to remind yourself how to stay positive.

For affirmations to work they need to be specific so when creating your affirmations remember to understand what the words mean to you. For example, what does "positive" mean?

Here's a positive affirmation: I am positive today. If you say it over and over, that's nice but what are you saying to youself? What does positive mean to you. It really doesn't matter what the dictionary says it means, it's what it means to you that matters.

In my health battles here is my list of health related affirmations:

I am positive today.
I am making it through the day.
Today is all that matters. (one day at a time concept)
I will grow today inspite of the pain.
I am blessed to have these experiences.
I am happy today.
I will shower today.
I will get dressed today.
This broken leg will only keep me down for a few months then I will run and jump and jump and run...

My health is a state of mind:

Although my (Chronic Fatigue) "use whatever the illness in parenthesis" slows my body, my mind is free as a bird.
My illness doesn't define me, my attitude and thoughts define me and they are good thoughts.

What works for you?

No comments: