Monday, November 19, 2012

Inspirational Celtic Crosses For Christians

Inspirational Celtic Crosses For Christians

 
There are many ways to pay tribute to Christianity with reading Bible verses to written prayers that are often poetic and lastly Christian jewelry. In this case we are going to examine a sub-genres of Christian jewelry with Celtic cross jewelry.
 
 
 
Celtic cross jewelry is in every sense of the word a type of Christian or religious jewelry. In Celtic cross jewelry the Celtic crosses are decorated with Celtic knot work and Celtic symbols that add more Christian oriented symbolism as we will see with a few sample Celtic cross necklace pictures. We will explore a few common Christian prayers as well.
 
 
 
"The first prayer is based on the Serenity prayer.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.
Amen."
 
 
 
The Celtic crosses that we are looking at are all made from sterling silver. These Celtic crosses are used in Celtic cross necklaces, Celtic cross rings and Celtic cross earrings.
 
 
 
My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this
you will lead me by the right road
though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always
though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for you are ever with me,
and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
 
 
 
Mixed in with Celtic crosses is what is called and Irish cross. But in truth, historically and artistically Celtic crosses and Irish crosses are essentially the same. However we will see a couple of Irish crosses that have a strong Irish influence.
 

The first Irish cross shown uses an Irish Claddagh. The second Irish cross shows a three-leaf clover. But in both Irish cross necklaces you can see Celtic influences.
 
 
 
Whatever you decide to call these delightful and inspiration crosses, the Celtic cross necklace is very popular the Celtic cross is so mainstream that many don't even think of them as Celtic cross necklaces but just a tradition cross necklace.
 
 

No comments: