Thursday, October 1, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month Jewelry

Breast Cancer Month
It's October, it's Breast Cancer Awareness month. I have a new found appreciation for Breast Cancer. Yes, I have been aware of Breast Cancer. In fact for several years I had a wholesale customer that bought Affirmation Jewelry Charms from me under the name of her Breast Cancer foundation. I'm not mentioning her name out of respect to her husband and family.
What she did was buy hundred of affirmation jewelry charms (that were motivational in nature) and then she gave a certain number of these pendants to chem and radiation labs in her area. After each treatment they could take one of whatever stood out for them at the time of their special need. Whatever spoke to them. After this womens death her husband kept it going for a while. May she rest in peace.
I have known several cases of breast cancer all resulting in death.
Imagine my shock and fear when I received a call from my wifes Oncologist telling me that my wife has breast cancer. My wife already had an Oncologist from five years earlier when she had colon cancer.
My wife went in for a routine mamogram and they found a few lumps. Since no one was with her they called her Oncologist whose office was one floor down. The Oncologist was awesome and very supportive.
Long story short and private. My wife went through tests, surgery, tests, chemo, radiation and PAIN!!!! Unimaginable pain! The chemo damaged nerves and created pain throughout her body. Pain pills only took the edge off of the pain and sometimes it didn't even help.
I have since learned through my wifes heroism that the battle against Breast Cancer can be won. Since her victory of cancer, twice, I have learned of many other women that have battled breast cancer have won the fight. They are all heros.
Whether you want to celebrate the victories or comfort the cancer petients or just support the cause click here for Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Jewelry or for Breast Cancer Survivor Jewelry. This Cancer jewelry page provides jewelry of hope for the patient andjewelry to celebrate the Survivor. It is the home to the Wish Upon a Star Necklace that is a symbol of Hope for Cancer patients.

No comments: