Monday, August 1, 2011

Sterling Silver Cross Necklaces

Sterling Silver Cross Necklaces

I was in a new town and I was going for a long walk to get to know the area and get some exercise. I saw this office supply store that specialized in maps. I love maps so I went inside to check out the store.

Being new to the area I was looking for two things, maps and people. I was curious to see if they have a nice globe that was updated and I was curious as to the type of people that lived in the area. I noticed some people including the employees that didn't impress me much.



It was in the middle of the day and not a lot of people in the store but the first people I saw gave me pause. But as I looked for the elusive globe I saw a couple of others who when they stood up or turned around I saw a nice conservative cross necklace hanging around their necks.

Seeing both men and women wearing a sterling silver cross necklace may me feel good knowing that there were some Christians in the neighborhood. First impressions are not always right but often they are and it was heartening to see some fellow Christians in the midst.



It makes me feel good about people wearing a cross necklace because it often tells me about the person wearing it. It's kind of like a McGruff house where when you see the McGruff sign you typically trust it and can go their as a child for safety.

You see someone wearing a sterling silver cross pendant it tells you that they care enough about their Christian faith that they are proud to wear a symbol that tells people they believe in Christianity.


 
Another situation occurred years later. I was going down the aisle of a food market in a motorized cart do to so spine issues and I stopped to pull a box of cereal off the shelf. I knocked several boxes of cereal onto the floor. I was trying to bend over to pick them up and try to put them back where they came from. As I was trying to bend over I saw two arms reaching for the boxes. I looked up and there was a good Christian young man picking them up and putting them back. He two was wearing a nice sterling silver cross pendant.

It was the wearing of the cross necklace that made these people good. It was because they have Christianity in their heat that made them good and because of their commitment to their faith they wore a cross pendant symbol around their neck.

No comments: