Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sterling Silver Irish Jewelry

STERLING SILVER IRISH JEWELRY

Sterling silver Irish jewelry is a popular and broad category of jewelry in that it covers Irish jewelry that represents the rich Irish culture and it covers Celtic jewelry. Celtic jewelry preceded Irish jewelry as the Celtic culture preceded the Irish culture.

Irish jewelry includes its ancestral heritage in Celtic jewelry as well as it's own Irish jewelry and a hybrid jewelry where they mix elements of Irish and Celtic designs into its own genre of jewelry.



Irish jewelry celebrate is culture which in part includes a three leaf clover and a four leaf clover. Irish Dance among others.

Clover Jewelry contains clover necklaces, clover charms and pendants. Even clover earrings.



The Clover necklace variety of clover jewelry has two disticnt styles, a sterling silver three leaf clover charm and a four leaf clover pendant.



St. Patrick, as legend has it, was born in Ireland, got sold and taken away from Ireland and then when he became a priest went back to Ireland and started a major conversion to Christianity. The Irish Cross Pendant is a symbol of his influence on the Celts and later the Irish. The St Bridgit Cross Pendant also traces its influence back to Saint Patrick.





The Prayer of St. Patrick:

I arise today

Through Gods strength to pilot me;

Gods might to uphold me,

Gods wisdom to guide me,

Gods eye to look before me,

Gods ear to hear me,

Gods word to speak for me,

Gods hand to guard me.

Gods way to lie before me

Gods shield to protect me,

Gods hosts to save me

Afar and near,

Alone or in a multitude.



Christ shield me today

Against wounding

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,

Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,

Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,

Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,

Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,

Christ in the eye that sees me,

Christ in the ear that hears me.



I arise today

Through the mighty strength

Of the Lord of creation

1 comment:

josh said...

That poem/prayer is amazing!